What we look for
We look for Solicitor Apprentices who are interested in a career in commercial law in an international law firm, who are pragmatic, motivated to work hard, to make the most of their studies and who are eager to learn from every opportunity.
We also look for those who have an interest in our industry sectors, and in doing international work, but you don't need any technical knowledge of our sectors – we can teach you that.
Our Solicitor Apprenticeship programme offers you the opportunity to develop to your full potential through a structured, six-year solicitor apprenticeship programme. You will have the chance to learn and work at the same time, building on the knowledge gained in your studies through having 'hands on' experience in a global, collaborative and entrepreneurial environment.
During the programme, you will work towards achieving a law degree in Legal Practice and Skills (LLB) at the University of Law in London and then, in the final two years, you will work towards passing the Solicitors Qualifying Examinations (SQE), opening the door for you to become a fully qualified solicitor in the United Kingdom.
You will be supported before the programme starts with a comprehensive onboarding and induction schedule. During the programme, you will have a dedicated supervisor, skills coach, and points of contact in the Early Careers team.
In the first two years of the programme, you will gain a deeper understanding of how law firms operate by spending time in some of our business services teams. From year three, you will start joining some legal seats. From year five of the programme, you will merge on to our Training Contract programme and will have the chance to experience an international secondment.
We are looking to recruit two Apprentices to start with the firm in August/September 2024.
To apply to us, you should:
- Be a year 12 or year 13 student, due to complete their A-Level studies by Summer 2024.
- Have seven GCSE’s including Maths and English, or equivalent at Grade C/4 or above.
- On track to, or have achieved BBB (120 UCAs tariff points) at A-Level, 32 IB points, or equivalent, although we will consider all applications as a whole, and we will also consider extenuating/mitigating circumstances.
- Please note, we are unable to accept applications from anyone who has commenced their 2nd year of a university undergraduate degree. If this is the case for you, we will consider extenuating circumstances which may have resulted in a change of pathway at this stage. There will be a section on the application form to explain this pathway change.
- Have the appropriate permission to work in the United Kingdom.
Applications for our 2024 Solicitor Apprenticeships are now open. They will close on 29 February 2024.
We are committed to recruiting Solicitor Apprentices from a wider range of backgrounds with different perspectives and experiences. During the application process we assess candidates on a "CV blind" basis. This helps us to ensure that individuals are selected on merit alone, and details such as the name of the school/college you attended do not form part of our selection criteria. By doing this, we aim to remove unconscious bias from our selection process and to ensure that decisions are made entirely on merit.
As part of our commitment to social inclusion, we have partnered with Rare, a multi-award winning diversity company, to integrate their Contextual Recruitment System (CRS) into our recruitment process. We understand that not every applicant's achievements look the same on paper, and the CRS enables us to further understand the context in which applicants' experiences have been gained. The CRS helps us to open access to the legal profession, and recruit the very best people from a diverse range of backgrounds.